The Department of Education is part of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Theology at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg. The Department of Education includes the following research units:
- Research Unit for Empirical Educational Research: Prof. Dr. Stephan Kröner
- Research Unit for Education with Focus on Diversity Education and International Education Research: Prof. Dr. Anatoli Rakhkochkine
- Research Unit for Media Education: Prof. Dr. Rudolf Kammerl
- Research and Teaching Unit School Education and Instructional Research: Prof. Dr. Michaela Gläser Zikuda
- Lehrstuhl für Schulpädagogik mit dem Schwerpunkt Schulentwicklungsforschung und Experiential Learning: Prof. Dr. Thomas Eberle (Sprecher des Instituts für Erziehungswissenschaft)
- Research Unit for Elementary Education and Didactics I: Prof. Dr. Bärbel Kopp
- Research Unit for Elementary Education and Didactics II: Prof. Dr. Sabine Martschinke
>> Website of the Institute for Primary Research
- Chair of Education with a Focus on Organizational Education: Prof. Dr. Michael Göhlich
- Chair of Pedagogy with a Focus on Culture and Aesthetic Education/UNESCO Chair in Arts and Culture in Education: Prof. Dr. Benjamin Jörissen
- Professor for School Education with a focus on Teaching: N.N.
>> Website of the Institute for Education
The Chairs and Professors of the Department of Education are located at two places:
The Institute for Educational Science and the Institute for Primary Education Research are located in Nuremberg (Regensburger Straße 160, 90478 Nuremberg).
The Institute for Education is located in Erlangen (Bismarck Strasse 1a, 91054 Erlangen).